The Pinhão dam, located on the Pinhão river, has a reservoir with a storage volume of 4.2 hm³ and is integrated into the Multi System Water Supply and Sanitation of Tras-os-Montes and Alto Douro.
Type of dam: zoned rockfill embankment with curtain waterproofing on the concrete surface of the amount;
- Landfill Volume: 116 dam³;
- Maximum height of dam: 22 m;
- Development and crown width: 280 m, 7 m;
- Spillway flood: with double labyrinth spillway with 54m of useful development, restitution channel with 107.5 and energy dissipation through ski jump (Qdim = 142.5 m³/s);
- Water intake: Tower with 20.7 m high, 32 m walkway, admission through 2 holes and duct DN 1200 mm;
- Accessibility: byways and access to the crowning of 2.8 km, with bituminous coating