Design and development of a comprehensive traffic and transport plan in the city of Taif
Taif city is a junction of several regions in the kingdom of Saudi Arabia, as well as the first touristic destination of the country. During the summer and in Hajj and Umrah (Ramadan) the number of trips grows exponentially.
For these reasons, it deems necessary to conduct a study on the traffic and transport strategy of the city.
The main objectives of the study are:
- To set up methods and build up models to better forecast future needs of transport.
- To evaluate the current road network and assess the different plan proposals prepared by the Amana, making recommendations for improvements that may be required for the short and long term.
- To assess the current transport system and propose a comprehensive public transport plan for the city, which shall meet both regular and seasonal needs.
- The services provided for this project involve:
- Methodologies, policies and operation of the transport system
- Review of baseline information, field work and diagnosis
- Transport model
- Comprehensive transport system